Confidence - Empowerment - Friendship - Self Belief
For those who wish to take their Muay Thai journey to the big stage, Lucky Nine Gym has a specialized program dedicated to preparing students during their transition into becoming a fighter.
Lucky Nine Gym has and continues to grow champions through our proven training strategies.
From 6 years old to adult we have grown students from knowing nothing about the sport to become some of the strongest and technically gifted fighters New Zealand has to offer.
If you have a goal of training for a fight this is the class for you. The minimum time period for this goal is to of been in the Level 2 class consistently for 3 months (being inconsistent at anytime will be an issue), and entry to a fight includes an honest discussion with the whole management team. There are requirements for blood tests to compete, and costs involved in fights such as travel and accommodation, meaning if these costs are paid for by the gym or a promoter, if you withdraw from your fight, all costs will be expected from you at the time of withdrawal.
Things to consider for those actively fighting or looking for fights.
1. You will need to be a consistent team player, meaning you turn up for the team before and after your fights and your team mates. We look at this very closely before we go further.
2. You will be required to train Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6-730PM, Tuesday & Thursday 645-745 PM for sparring and Saturday 8-9 am for strength and conditioning and 3-5pm for sparring, being inconsistent will be monitored and we will talk with you if we have concerns. Kids under 12 looking to fight will have daily cardio to complete and will be expected in all kids classes with some additional weekend classes.
3. In your own time you will complete at least 2 x 10km runs weekly, plus the additional running/sprints plan.
4. There will be no alcohol in fight camp, and a daily hydration target.
5. On confirmation that you have a fight, you will need to get blood tested ASAP. You will be required to be tested for Hepatitis A, B, C and HIV. The cost of this ranges from $50-$120 depending on your G.P.
Blood tests are valid for 6 months depending on the sanction of the promotion of the show you are fighting on. Some are 12 months.
Once you have the negative results we will require a copy that will be kept confidential. NO BLOOD TEST MEANS NO FIGHT. This is YOUR responsibility.